Location: London, UK
Terms: Full-Time and Contract Terms Available
Are you a talented e-commerce developer looking to join an exciting, dynamic team in the heart of Shoreditch? We are looking for a passionate and skilled Full Stack Magento Developer to join our team here at Like Digital. Come and help us to deliver exceptional experiences for our expanding global client base in a rewarding, supportive, organised and creative environment.
WHO WE ARE
Like Digital is an award-winning digital agency based in Devonshire Square, London and in Dubai, providing best-in-class digital solutions for leading luxury brands across the world. Developers play a crucial role in our agency: your skills will allow other members of our team (designers and the UX team) to shine in their roles, which in turn pushes our developers to continually grow their knowledge and expertise. We believe in close internal collaboration together with a true culture of learning – our designers sit beside developers and project managers work alongside finance – this approach plays a strong role in fostering a culture of engagement and sharing. We continually encourage each other to reach new levels of excellence and innovation, which enables us to deliver first-class results for our clients. Ultimately, this Senior Magento Developer role is an opportunity to work in cutting-edge creative surroundings, deliver innovative solutions to international luxury brands, and eventually, expand your technical and management skills into a leadership position.
THE ROLE ON OFFER
As a Senior Magento Developer you will be truly hands-on, successfully delivering your projects. Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Delivering high quality, well tested and documented projects within an Agile environment.
- Advocating best-practice development lifecycle methodologies.
- Participating in sprint planning sessions.
- Collaborating with our clients and project teams to design & document technical visions/specifications.
- Providing technical insight to our clients and diverse team members.
- Adhering to security standards and best practice across our technology stack.
- Staying up-to-date with software development best practices and standards, industry trends & emerging technologies.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We are seeking the following knowledge and experience:
- Expert level knowledge of OO PHP, MySQL, Linux (LAMP Stack).
- Proven experience in building bespoke extensions, themes and 3rd party integrations through SOAP & REST web services for Magento 2.
In addition, you will need:
- Proficiency in using build, dependency management and version control tools & workflows, such as Composer, Homebrew, Gulp, Gitflow.
- A sound knowledge of container-based architecture/virtualisation, through the use of Docker, Kubernetes.
- The ability to look beyond the technology to see wider business value.
- Experience of writing clear and presentable technical documents.
Naturally, degrees are important, but they aren’t everything. We are more interested in your experience, your character and your attitude towards teamwork and ongoing learning. We are looking for people who can grow into the role, but if you can demonstrate the following, so much the better:
- Experience of native or cross platform (React native) mobile app development.
- A Computer Science degree or similar level qualification.
- Knowledge of automated testing through systems such as Selenium and Jenkins.
- Node.js, React.js, Gatsby.js and any headless CMS experience.
- Experience with modern web template engines such as Handlebars, Blade, Twig.
- Knowledge of DevOps procedures, and familiarity with AWS or Google Cloud Platform for full stack implementation.
- Knowledge of progressive web apps (PWA).
- Prior experience of leading project development teams, a definite plus.
- In due course, we’ll want you to step up and play your part to lead, driving progress within internal and remote teams.
- Competitive Salary.
- £1,000/year training budget to ensure you keep you learning.
- Monthly Devcon sessions.
- Flexible working hours and opportunities for remote working.
- Other benefits include 26 days paid holiday, a pension scheme, and our HR scheme perks which give you discounts on cinema, travel, and more.
- Our weekly ‘Lunch and Learn’ program, where our own clients present to us, and our people share what they are learning, to keep everyone engaged and to ensure that we are up-to-speed with digital innovations.
AN OUTSTANDING COLLABORATIVE WORKSPACE:
WHERE SHOREDITCH MEETS THE CITY
Our state-of-the-art workspace in Devonshire Square is a stone’s throw from Liverpool Street, making for an easy commute, with various shops, cafes and bars on the doorstep. There are numerous unique common areas where you can work collaboratively, spread over eight floors, plus soundproof work booths if you need some time out or to make a private call. You can start Monday with a complementary TGIM breakfast, and end the week (or any work day) with free beer and prosecco on tap from 2pm. Plus, keep your caffeine levels high all day with unlimited coffee and tea on each level, with a barista on the ground floor. You can let the competitive / creative juices flow in the common games lounge – take a break and take in a round of pinball, billiards, foosball, or shuffleboard. There’s also bike storage and showers on site. A monthly program of events across the building helps to connect our team and enables us to meet others in the building; with everything from workshops to thought-leadership panels, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
You can email your details, CV, and any other pertinent info in full confidence to email@example.com and we’ll see you here soon for an interview!